Tuesday, May 1, 2012

One-77....... not what I am use to.....

When I grew up in Richland Center with about 4,000 other people we occasionally saw some fast cars and sometimes road in a few.  What were they back then?  Camaro, Trans Am, Buick Skylark, Chevelle, Corvette, the occasional Road Runner, Dodge Charger, etc...  Most people could not afford anything to much different and many were 'motor heads or gear heads' who did a lot of the engine work themselves.  I also remember going to Madison once with Keith Ruetten and we toured a bunch of specialty cars with Brian "Moose" Ferguson at his specialty shop he worked at.  Kind of like a dream land for speed.

Fast forward into Kuwait in 2012 and it is a different story.  A few post back in my blog you will find pictures of me down by the beach at a mall looking at two McClaren's.  They are just a bit faster and maybe just a little more expensive than that Buick Skylark I use to drive!  I have saw just about every make and model go by me while riding around in Kuwait.  Tonight I enjoyed a little time after a long day sitting on a terrace outside with a few friends.  We talked about many things and it grew late and was time for me to go home.  One person asked if I needed a ride and said he would drop me off as it was on his way so I said yes and away we went.  Upon arriving at his car, I did not even know what kind it was.  I soon found out and took my first ride in a specialty car.  It was quite the experience, impressive in looks, impressive in sound and I loved the power and the ride.

Here it is; the Aston Martin One-77.  Look it up.... just a bit different than that Buick...  I told him my daughter would never want to get out of it once she got in it... he said "just ask for the keys and you can take it cruising"....  I would be scared to death of a scratch!  Ha!  Insanely worth 1.4 (million)......


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...